As Jon and I discussed in this week’s podcast, 2018 is rapidly drawing to a close and it truly is up to you to decide how you will finish your business out.
Look at your calendar. As of the time of this writing, you have 15 real business days left to make an impact. Once those 3 weeks are done, you will hit the holiday quicksand.
Knowing this, you must get ahead of this now.
Below are a few steps you can follow in your business.
- Analyze your business and figure out exactly where you need to be at year/quarter/month end.
- Reverse engineer your final goals over the shortened 15 business day sprint.
- Design SMART goals for each metric you are aiming for.
- Enlist as many people as you can into your sprint. Support staff, vendors, teammates, prospects and clients should all be bought in to the fact that there is a real sense of urgency around this.
- As you work in your business over these 3 weeks, be mindful to de-clutter your pipeline as well as your office. Starting 2019 fresh and clean is important.
- Avoid the pitfall of working too much “on your business” during the sprint. You’ll have downtime after the 21st to work on that.
- Keep in contact w/ all prospects during this time and set firm follow-ups with them. Some will appreciate your energy during this time when your competition may be hitting the eggnog already.
Full disclosure here. I know business slows down for the holidays and I am in no way trying to convince you otherwise. But… if you play it right, you do not need to write it off completely. Your business does not need to completely stagnate. Don’t fall into the laziness trap that your competition will allow to creep in. You can FINISH STRONG!